Monday 20 September 2010

(6) Poster Proposal

The concept of this piece is underwater.
So far I've got a few ideas in my head, although nothing for definite.
I have my mind set on one idea, which consists of putting a city and planets underwater. And depending how they look I'll add stars if they work with the idea. Although according the RevolutionArt site, I may not be able to stick with this plan as the issue's topic is "Underwater Life".

I may do the city as futuristic instead of modern. I feel this will make the piece more unique and work better with planets. Setting a very futuristic tone and feel. I planned to capture the effect of the picture as being underwater by creating a gradient background colour and adding noise(dotted effect) and then using some sort of filter, such as ocean ripple.

My main influences for my work are the artists, Dylan Cole, and Steve Mcghee. Dylan Cole has some amazing artwork on Halo, which can be seen in my artists post. And the whole futuristic setting in his work really inspires me to do similiar work as I really enjoy futuristic things.

No comments:

Post a Comment